1 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), removed from casings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 bunch spinach (about 4 cups), thick stems removed
12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split or small dinner rolls
Butter for rolls
Kosher salt and black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Sausage Sliders:
1. Heat grill to medium heat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring until softened, approximately 5-6 minutes.
2. Add the spinach and cook, tossing until spinach is just wilted, approximately 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove Premio Sausage from casings and form into twelve 1/2-inch thick patties. Place on grill and grill until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Butter rolls and toast them on edge of the grill.
4. Assemble sliders: place one patty on each bun bottom and top with vegetables. Affix bun tops and serve immediately!