1 14-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
3 cups fresh long green beans, washed and cut
2 medium yellow squash, cubed
2 medium green zucchini, cubed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 Vidalia onion, cubed
3 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, shredded finely
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Marinated Summer Veggies With Chicken Sausage:
1. Remove Premio Chicken Sausage from the package. Place links on a plate. Put the plate in the freezer for 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add green beans, yellow squash cubes, green zucchini cubes, halved tomatoes, red bell pepper pieces and onion cubes.
4. Cover green beans, yellow squash cubes, green zucchini cubes, halved tomatoes, red bell pepper pieces and onion cubes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture. Toss all ingredients well and allow flavors to mix for 25 minutes at room temperature.
5. Preheat grill to a medium-high setting.
6. Remove chilled Premio Chicken Sausage from the freezer. Place sausage on the grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently.
7. Remove cooked Premio Chicken Sausage from the grill. Using a thermometer, check sausage is cooked to a minimum of 160° F. Use a sharp knife to cut sausage medallions about 1/4-inch thick.
8. Add cooked Premio Chicken Sausage medallions to marinated summer veggies in mixing bowl. Stir together.
9. Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil. Spread the summer veggies and sausage mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
10. Place the baking sheet on the grill. Grill for 4 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Top the marinated summer veggies and Premio Chicken Sausage with a sprinkle of fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.