1 package Premio Bratwurst, cut into 1″ pieces
1/2 cup diced onion
2 tablepoons canola oil
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon lime pepper
1 can petite diced tomatos with green chiles
3/4 cups cooked broccoli
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup cooked cut green beans
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Bratwurst Biscuits with Vegetables:
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees (F). In large skillet, heat canola oil. Cook onion until tender; remove from heat stir in flour and lime pepper. Cook over low heat until mixture is bubbly.
2. Remove from heat and add tomatos; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in Premio Bratwurst, broccoli, red bell pepper and green beans; heat to boiling.
4. Pour into ungreased baking pan 8 x 8 x 2; place in oven.
4. Prepare bratwurst dough (see recipe that follows): Drop dough over hot bratwurst and vegetable mixture. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Bratwurst Biscuit Dough: 1 cup self rising flour; 2 tablespoons shortening; 1 cup cooked Premio bratwurst slices; 1/2 cup 2% milk. Measure dry ingredients into bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture looks like meal. Stir in bratwurst and milk.
SERVES: 5-6SERVES: 5-6