1 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), crumbled and browned
1 handful capicola
1 handful prosciutto
1 handful ham
1 handful pepperoni
1 handful salami
1 pound mozzarella cheese
2 pounds fresh French dough
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon black peppercorn
A good handful of onions (sliced), green peppers, mushrooms, garlic and black olives
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Italian Meats Pie:
1. Take both dough balls (1 pound each) and knead them until they are one ball. Add flour to a cookie sheet and let it rise in the oven until it doubles in size. Re-flour and add cornmeal to cookie sheet.
2. Stretch the dough into a large pizza size square. Place in oven for 10 minutes at 450 degrees (F), until there is little dryness on top.
3. Add tomato sauce, 1/2 the garlic slices and about 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Add the meats and then the veggies. Sprinkle spices on top and then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 degrees (F) for about 40 minutes or until cheese has browned and bubbly, and crust is golden. Cool before serving.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6