20 Premio Hot Italian Sausage links
8 ounces onion, diced
4 teaspoons seasoned salt
3 teaspoons dried basil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Chris's Premio Sausage Sauce:
1. In a large pot over medium heat, brown Premio Sausages on both sides. Remove and set aside.
2. Once sausages are done browning, throw diced onion into remaining oil and saute until brown. Add crushed tomatoes, salt and basil; mix well.
3. Lightly puncture skin of sausages 3-4 times on each side (this allows more flavors and juices into the sauce). Add back to pot and lower heat to as minimal as possible; cover and check often.
4. Once bubbles start forming at the top, mix sauce with wooden spoon- this needs to continue for 6 hours. Serve and enjoy!
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8