3/4 pound Premio Hot & Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, casings removed
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
12 ounces Ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Cindy's Premio Scrumptious Baked Ziti:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Crumble Premio Chicken Sausage into a large saucepan and brown over medium heat, stirring often. Cook for about 4 minutes. Drain fat.
2. Add the onion and bell pepper to same saucepan as sausage. Stir often, cooking for 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, peas, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Stir in the cooked pasta and half of the cheese. Spread evenly into a 9×13 inch pan. Top with the remaining cheese.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake until the cheese has melted and is bubbly, approximately 20 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Looking for a fresh Ziti Recipe? This simple dish is fast, healthy, and a great meal for any time of year. Get directions for freshly cooked Ziti today!SERVES: 4-5