1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 box chicken stock
12 ounces mushrooms (any variety), sliced
4 strips bacon
2 cans of cannelini or great northern beans
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Creamy Sausage, Mushroom and White Bean Soup:
1. In a large skillet, add bacon; cook. Once fat is rendered, remove bacon and crumble; set aside.
2. In skillet with bacon fat, saute the mushrooms and onions until browned. Set aside.
3. Cook Premio Sausage until browned. Once browned and cooled, slice sausage and set aside.
4. In a large stock pot or dutch oven, add cooked mushrooms, onions, chicken stock, 1 can of beans and bring to a boil. Add milk and blend with an immersion blender. Add bacon, 2nd can of beans and sausage. Garnish with basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
SERVES: 6-8SERVES: 6-8