1 (16-ounce) package Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage
1 (15 ounce) can pink beans, drained
1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Double Dribble Sausage Wraps:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Remove casings from Premio Sausage and place sausage in a 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, breaking up the sausage as it cooks. Remove from heat and drain off any fat.
2. Add beans, peppers and onions together.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, nutmeg, mustard and cayenne pepper. Add to sausage mixture and blend well.
4. Spoon sausage mixture across each tortilla. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Gently roll up tortillas, using a toothpick to hold each once closed, if necessary. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven until hot and cheese has melted. Serve immediately.