- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Holiday Sausage Wreath:
1. In a medium-size frying pan, heat the oil and cook the shallots until soft. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, fry the mushrooms (you may need to add some more oil) until cooked. Stir in garlic for a few minutes, then mix with the shallots; leave to cool.
3. Roll out the pastry to a rectangle around. Brush the edges with egg yolk and place the Premio sausages in a long line in the center. Spoon on the mushroom mixture.
4. Roll the pastry around the sausage and then shape it into a circle, using a little glaze to secure the two ends together. Transfer to an oiled baking tray. Glaze and decorate with any pastry trimmings you’d like, then put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes (you can freeze it at this point and then bake from frozen, if desired).
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Glaze the pastry once more, then place into oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes (50 minutes if baking from frozen), or until browned. Remove and let cool. Serve.
SERVES: 8-12SERVES: 8-12