1 package Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup cooked rice
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
4-6 tablespoon tabasco sauce (optional)
1 egg, beaten
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Parmesan Basil Sausage Quesadilla Pie:
1. In a heavy skillet, brown Premio Sausage until cooked. Add drained beans and cooked rice. Remove from heat and stir until well mixed. Season with salt and tabasco and fold in shredded cheese.
2. Lay out a tortilla on a cookie sheet and brush edge with egg. Spoon sausage mixture into the center and spread evenly, about 1-inch thick (keep mixture a few inches in from the edge). Lay another tortilla over and seal edges. Repeat until all are filled.
3. Place into preheated 350 degree (F) oven and bake 10-15 minutes, until crisp and hot. Let cool and serve.
SERVES: 6-10SERVES: 6-10