2 Premio Hot Italian Sausage links
1 medium sweet onion, coarsley chopped
1 small head roasted garlic
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
3 cups cooked radiatori pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Peasant Style Pasta with Spicy Sausage and Roasted Garlic:
1. Slice the Premio Sausages on a bias into 1/2-inch thick slices. In a large non stick frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and saute the sausages over medium-high heat, until slightly carmelized.
2. Add 1 more tablespoon of the oil and then add the onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat to medium and saute the onion until it begins to carmelize.
3. Add the roasted garlic, brown suger and water; stir to mix and raise the heat to medium-high again. Stir occasionally until the water evaporates. Add the pasta to the frying pan and heat through.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the italian seasoning. Lower the heat to medium-low and add 1 tablespoon of the butter to the frying pan. Once butter melts, add the eggs and stir constantly until the eggs are almost cooked.
5. Turn off the heat and add the remaining butter and cheese. Stir until incorporated. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6