Ingredients:1 cup yellow onion, diced
1 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
4 slices white American cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 French rolls, split lengthwise
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Pepper, Onion & Mushroom Italian Sausage Cheesesteak:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Place Premio Sausages onto grill and grill until done, according to package directions.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, add oil, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper; cook until done.
3. Toast sliced French rolls and add sliced white American cheese (this allows the cheese to melt and the bread to get warm). Add vegetable mixture to bread.
4. Using a spatula, remove the bread with cheese and place onto a sheet of aluminum foil; add sausage to bread. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of meat and wrap sandwich in foil.
5. Place in preheated oven for 3-4 minutes. Open foil and top sandwich with mayo; cut in half and enjoy.