1 tablespoon active dry yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon pure honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 package Premio Chicken Sausage (choose your favorite)
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 red bell pepper, halved
1 small onion, cut into strips
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/2 cup green onions, chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make PRE-MI-ONI Pizza:
1. Pour flour into a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and salt; mix well. Add water, oil and honey, and continue to mix.
2. Cover with a moist cloth and place in a warm spot for 10 minutes to rise. Press down into a greased 14-inch pizza pan or a 10-inch pan for a thicker crust.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic and rosemary. Pour half of the mixture into a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Brush the remaining mixture over the Premio Sausage, peppers and onions. Sprinkle with salt. 3. Grill sausages until they are no longer pink, approximately 12-15 minutes, according to package directions.
4. Grill pepper and onion for about 8 minutes or until tender-crisp.
5. Once sausage and vegetables are done being grilled, cut sausages into 1/2-inch pieces and peppers into strips. Sprinkle cheeses, sausage, vegetables, tomatoes and green onions on pizza crust. Pour refrigerated mixture over top of pizza.
6. Bake pizza in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese has melted. Allow to cool before serving.