1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1 green pepper
2 small zucchini
1 (12 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
6-8 cups of beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Italian Sausage Soup:
1. Remove casing from Premio Sausage and brown sausage with chopped onion and crushed garlic cloves. Add onion and cook for an additional 30 seconds until lightly browned.
2. Add carrots, beef broth, can of tomatoes, wine and Italian seasoning. Cook on simmer until carrots are tender. Add zucchini and green pepper; cook until tender.
3. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions (add beef broth as needed if soup gets thick). Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese and Italian bread.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6