1 package Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/3 cup green chili
1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
5 hot dog style rolls
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Santa-Fe Style Spicy Grilled Onion-Green Chili Chorizo Dogs with Crumbled Queso Fresco:
1. Preheat grill to medium heat. Place Premio Sausage on the grill and grill, turning every few minutes with tongs, until done, about 25 minutes.
2. Place a double layer of aluminum foil, about 14-inches long, on the counter or table. Place onion and 1 tablespoon butter in center of foil; sprinkle with salt. Place hot sauce and green chili on top.
3. Carefully fold the seams so that packet is sealed and place, seal side up, on the grill; allow to grill for 20 minutes.
4. Spread the rest of the softened butter on the cut side of the rolls. Place on the grill for the last 3-5 minutes of the sausage’s cooking time.
5. Place rolls on platter, cut side up. Using tongs, place sausage on the rolls. Remove foil packet, cut open and evenly top sausage with onion-green chili mixture. Sprinkle with each with 1/5 of crumbled queso fresco and serve.
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5