1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 loaf crusty Italian bread, cut into large cubes
2 large Vidalia or red onions, cut into large cubes
2 red bell peppers, cut into large cubes
2 yellow bell peppers, cut into large cubes
2 green bell peppers, cut into large cubes
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
Marinara sauce (optional)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Sandwich on a Stick:
1. Heat grill to medium heat. Cut each Premio Sausage into 4-5 chunks and place in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, place evenly sized pieces of bread, onion and bell peppers. Pour salad dressing over the onions, peppers, and bread until evenly coated (you may not need to use all of the salad dressing. Any remaining can be poured over the sausage).
3. Alternately thread sausage, bread, onion, and peppers onto skewers. Place skewers on grill and grill, turning every 5-6 minutes until sausage is cooked through. If desired, sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over skewers during last 5 minutes of cooking.
4. Remove from grill and serve with side of optional marinara sauce.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6