2 1/2 pounds Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1/4 cup olive oil
2 (32 ounce). cans of plum tomatoes
2 pounds of spaghetti
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage with Tomatoes and Garlic Placed on Spaghetti:
1. Start boiling water with salt for 2 pounds of spaghetti. 2. Brown Premio Sausage links in a pan with olive oil. Remove sausage from pan.
2. Take two large cans of Plum Tomatoes and crush them in a blender, one can at a time. Add tomatoes to skillet that sausage was in and cook until tomatoes come to a boil. Season tomato sauce with fresh chopped basil, Italian parsley, salt and crushed pepper (to taste).
3. Slice sausage into 2-inch strips and add to tomato sauce; allow to cook for an additional 20 minutes.
4. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package instruction.
5. Add two ladels of spaghetti water to tomato sauce. Drain spaghetti and place back in pot.
6. Add tomato sauce to spaghetti and stir until completely covered in sauce. Serve with parmesan cheese.
SERVES: 10SERVES: 10