1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 package Manicotti cooked al dente according to instructions
4 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
16 ounces ricotta cheese
8 ounces cottage cheese
8 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
3 (15.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
Garlic pepper to taste
Seasoned salt to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spicy Sausage Manicotti:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Brown Premio Sausage in skillet according to package directions.
2. For tomato sauce, combine tomato sauce, paste, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the oregano and basil together. Bring to boil and then simmer over low heat. Season to taste with garlic pepper and seasoned salt. Simmer 1 hour.
3. Combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, spinach and parmesan cheese in large mixing bowl. Add 2 1/2 tablespoons of parsley and the cooked Premio Sausage.
4. Stuff the manicotti with the sausage mixture and lay the manicotti in a baking dish. Spoon the sauce over the manicotti and sprinkle the mozzarella over the manicotti..
5. Place in preheated oven and bake manicotti for 40 minutes. Turn oven to broil and watch closely to make sure the mozzarella on top does not burn but rather turns a beautiful golden brown. Serve with your favorite garlic bread. SERVES: 4-6