1 pound Premio Mild Italian Sausage
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves minced garlic
1/4 pound Italian black olives, sliced
2 packages premade pizza dough
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spinach Sausage Pie:
1. Defrost spinach. Remove casings from Premio Sausage and crumble into a bowl. Put sausage in medium heat pan; cook sausage until done, according to package instructions, leaving grease in pan.
2. Add thawed spinach, garlic and olives; mix together and only add enough oil to coat all of spinach. Cook on low for ten minutes.
3. Take out package of dough. On oiled square cookie pan, spread dough out. Place all of spinach and sausage mixture over pizza dough.
4. Take other dough and roll out to fit over mixture, pinching dough together.
5. Place the pie in a 400 degree (F) preheated oven. Cook until dough is golden brown around 1 hour. Let sit for 15 minutes then cut into squares and serve.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6