1/2 pound Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, sliced thin
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 extra large egg, beaten
1/2 cup tomato juice
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley
1 small red pepper, sliced thin
1 small yellow pepper, sliced thin
1small green pepper, sliced thin
1 small onion, sliced thin
1 cup shredded yellow cheese
1 cup shredded white cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Stuffed Meatloaf:
1. Cook Premio Sweet and Premio Hot Sausages in a large frying pan, cooking until golden brown; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, onion, green pepper, egg, tomato juice, brown sugar and parsley; mix well. Divide in half.
3. Place half of mixture in a square baking dish. Pour cooked sauage over meatloaf, then put sliced green, red and yellow peppers on top of sausage. Top with with cheese.
4. Place the other half of meatlof over cheese. Seal and bake at 350 degrees (F) for 1 hour or until done. Serve warm.
SERVES: 5-7SERVES: 5-7