1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage Meat
1 small onion, diced
1 green apple, diced
1 can beer
2 blocks cream cheese
1/2 pound blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Hot sauce, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
Green onions, for garnish
1 bag Party ‘tizers Veggie Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Black and Blue Cheese & Sausage Dip:
1. Brown Premio Sausage Meat meat in a very hot pan, break it up into small bits with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Remove and place in a large bowl; set aside. Strain grease leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan.
2. Lower heat in the pan and sweat diced onion in sausage oil until translucent. Place onions in the bowl with sausage.
3. Deglaze pan with a can of beer and reduce by 3/4. Once reduced, add to bowl with onions and sausage.
4. Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and diced apples in bowl; mix. Place mixture in the microwave for 3 minutes, stopping to stir every minute.
5. Fold blue cheese crumbles into warmed dip. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer dip to a serving dish and garnish with green onions. Add a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce and serve with Veggie Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6