1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage Meat
1 tablespoon sweet butter
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 large garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cups walnuts, chopped
1 cup French-cut green beans
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Penne con Gorgonzola e le Noce (Penne with Gorgonzola and Walnuts):
1. Bring 8 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot; add penne pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, brown Premio Sausage in a 12″ skillet over medium heat; drain. Add butter, red pepper flakes, garlic and walnuts to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add green beans to pasta for the last minute of cooking; drain and return pasta to stockpot.
4. Pour sausage mixture over pasta and stir in salt, pepper, and Gorgonzola. Place pasta into a large serving bowl and sprinkle Parmigiano over the top.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6