½ package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 cups chopped strawberries
2 cups blueberries
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage with Red, White and Blue Salsa:
- Cook the Sweet Italian Sausage according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Combine the onion, strawberries and blueberries in a bowl.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the lime juice, honey and salt in a small bowl until all ingredients are well-combined. Pour the dressing over the onion, strawberries and blueberries mixture. Stir and toss until they’re evenly coated.
- Take out two or three plates. Cut the sausages into slices and put one sausage on each plate, or more if desired. Add a handful of tortilla chips to each plate along with a serving of the salsa.
- Eat the salsa with the chips or with the sausage.