- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Seasonal Stuffed Mini Pumpkins:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Slice the tops of the pumpkins and remove the seeds. Brush the pumpkins and tops with olive oil and a dash of salt & pepper. Place the pumpkins, with their tops on, on the baking sheet. Roast for approximately 15-20 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium-skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add Premio sausage to skillet and cook well, breaking it apart using wooden spoon as it cooks (season to taste with salt and pepper). Drain liquid and set sausage aside.
4. In the same skillet, add onions and mushrooms; cook until tender. Add the apple cider to the pan and deglaze by scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add walnuts, nutmeg and thyme. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Cook Quinoa and Rice blend. Remove and set Aside.
6. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, onion/ mushroom mix, cranberries, quinoa/rice blend, kale leaves and ¾ cup of parmesan cheese.
7. Add the pumpkin bottoms to a large cast-iron pan and set tops aside. Stuff each pumpkin with mixture and top with remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
8. Reduce your oven temperature to 350 degrees (F). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkins are soft and stuffing is heating through.
9. Remove from oven, place the pumpkin tops back on pumpkins and serve hot.