1 (16 ounce) package Premio Hot Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 small zucchini
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons fresh basil, oregano and thyme, minced
2-3 large tomatoes
1 bunch green onions
1 large green pepper
2 cups mixed veggies, coarsely chopped (such as broccoli, eggplant, summer squash)
1/3 cup mushrooms of choice, sliced (optional)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spicy Premio Sausage Garden Ratatouille Pie:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Coat bottom of pie plate or baking dish with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Wash and thinly slice zucchini, lengthwise. Place zucchini on plate overlapping to make the “crust” of the pie. Brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the Parmesan cheese.
3. Mince herbs together and sprinkle the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of mixture. Set rest aside.
4. Core and coarsely chop tomatoes. Place tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
5. Slice the green onions into 1/4-inch pieces and add to the tomatoes. Core and slice the pepper into 1/4-inch slices, about 2 inches long. Clean and chop the rest of the vegetables into small pieces; add all vegetables and the mushrooms to the tomato bowl. Toss to gently mix.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of the herbs and 2 tablespoons of the oil; mix and top the pie. Gently press down on the veggie pie and top with the last of the oil and herbs. Sprinkle the top with the Premio Sausage crumbles. Add salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until done. Allow to cool off before serving.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6