1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Patties
1 cup seasoned breadcrumb
3 red peppers, sliced thin
3 green peppers, sliced thin
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
24 ounces of your favorite tomato sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Sausage & Pepper Parmesan:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Prepare three dishes: One for the sausage, one for the eggs and one for the breadcrumbs.
2. Dip the Premio Sausage Patties in eggs and then crumbs. Once breaded, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry sausage patties until lightly golden on each side; drain on paper towels.
3. Add the peppers, salt and pepper to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft. Set to the side.
4. Prepare baking dish. Place a layer of sauce on bottom of pan. Then, lay the patties in the dish and place the peppers over the patties. Add the remaining sauce, sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheeses all over the top.
5. Place into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving and enjoying!
SERVES: 4-5SERVES: 4-5