How to make Sausage Pinwheels:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook sausage in skillet on med-high heat, chop with wooden spoon, into small pieces as it cooks. Drain on paper towels.
- Lay pastry sheets out on floured surface, one at a time. Use rolling pin to flatten and smooth pastry – roll once across and once up and down. Spread half of pasta sauce on each pastry sheet. Then sprinkle half of sausage and cheese on each sheet.
- Starting at bottom of pastry sheet, roll very slowly and tightly to make a pastry log. Use egg wash to seal edge.
- Cut 1/4 inch slices and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush each pinwheel with a little egg wash.
- Bake for approx. 15 to 20 mins. until golden brown.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan and fresh basil.
- Serve warm.
Premio Hot Italian Sausage, Premio Sausage Meat, Premio Chicken varieties