30-Minute Arroz Con Salchicha is also known as Rice and Sausage
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make 30-Minute Arroz Con Salchicha:
- In a Dutch oven or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced pimentos and tomato sauce. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add rice, water, bouillon cube, turmeric and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender for about 15 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE LID. The steam is what cooks the rice.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat. Keep the lid on for another 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, make the sausages. Add 1/4 cup water to a hot skillet and cook sliced chicken sausages at medium heat, turning them frequently, for about 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
- When the sausages are done, mix them into the rice. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Can’t get enough of Premio Sweet Italian Sausage? Sample our other mouthwatering sausage varieties when you shop for our products. Search for Premio sausage in a store near you.
Recipe inspiration from @the.brunching.blonde