8 tbsp. olive oil
3 large mangos, diced
3 large avocados, diced
5 large tomatoes, diced
2 jalapeno peppers, diced
2 medium-sized red or Vidalia onions, diced
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. kosher salt or sea salt
1 tsp. black or white ground pepper
4 tbsp. lime juice
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Avocado, Sausage, Tomato and Mango Salsa:
1. Pre-heat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage from its original package. Cut each sausage link’s casing lengthwise with a sharp knife. Squeeze sausage meat carefully out of casings and into a large mixing bowl.
3. Form the sausage meat into patties that are about 1/4 inch thick. Discard the casings.
4. Cook the patties on the grill over medium-high heat until sausages reach an internal temperature of least 165 degrees (F) using a meat thermometer.
5. Take the patties off the grill and crumble the meat using a wooden spoon or plastic spatula. Set aside the sausage crumbles for later use.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine diced mangos, avocados, tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, salt, pepper and lime juice. Add Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage crumbles to the mango mixture. Stir well to integrate ingredients.
7. Place the mixing bowl with Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage and mango mixture in the refrigerator. Allow the mixture to chill for about 45 minutes to encourage transference of flavors.
8. Remove the mixing bowl with avocado salsa featuring Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage from the refrigerator. Serve Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, mango, avocado and tomato salsa with freshly toasted slices of bruschetta, homemade tortilla chips or freshly cooked skinless chicken breasts.