1 package of Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), cut into 1/3-inch rounds
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
11/2 pounds bacon, each slice cut in half
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Sausage Coins with Pineapple Dipping Sauce:
1. Combine the preserves, water,lime juice, soy sauce, mustard and pepper flakes in a blender or food processor. Puree until all the ingredients are blended and the mixture is smooth.
2. Pour sauce into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed. (Sauce can be made 5 days in advance).
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet, with sides, with parchment paper or a baking mat.
4. Wrap each sausage round with a slice of bacon, secure with a wooden pick, and set on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon is brown and crisp, about 20 – 25 minutes per side.
5. Remove baking sheet from oven, transfer bacon wrapped sausage coins to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess fat. Spoon sauce into a small bowl and set in the center of a large serving platter.
6. Arrange bacon wrapped sausage coins around sauce bowl. Serve immediately.
SERVES: 8-10 (as Appetizers)SERVES: 8-10 (as Appetizers)