This biscuits and gravy recipe makes two to four servings.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Biscuits and Gravy:
Biscuits and gravy with sausage are one of life’s simple pleasures. The sausage’s tanginess contrasts with the buttery biscuit, and the thick gravy adds another dollop of flavor. Our recipe creates another delightful layer by topping this dish with an egg, increasing your meal’s protein content and showcasing one of your favorite breakfast foods.
You can make our biscuits and gravy recipe at any time of day. We recommend it for a quick dinner on a busy weeknight when you want something hearty and easy.
- Brown and crumble the sausage over medium-high heat before setting the stove to medium-low.
- Sprinkle half your flour and stir it until it absorbs, gradually adding more flour after that. Stir and cook for another minute before you pour in the milk. Keep stirring throughout this step.
- Cook the gravy and stir until it thickens. It should take 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and cook until very thick. If you notice it thickening too fast, you can slow it down by adding a splash of milk. You can taste your gravy and adjust as needed.
- While the sausage mixture cooks, prepare the biscuits according to the directions on the package.
- Prepare the egg in your favorite way. We recommend sunny side up.
- Ladle your sausage and gravy over warm biscuits and serve immediately with the egg on top.
Can’t get enough of Premio Mild Italian Sausage? Sample our other sausage varieties when you shop for our products. Search for Premio sausage in a store near you.
Recipe inspiration from @philmytummy