8 ounces Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
3/4 cup tomatoes, diced
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
Olive or vegetable oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make BLT+Sausage Waffle Fries:
1. Begin by washing your potatoes and slicing with a mandolin slicer to make waffle-cut shapes. Slice the potato with the blade, turn it 90 degrees and cut again for a waffle cut. Repeat to cut all your potatoes and set the slices aside in a bowl of water. If you are using frozen fries, skip this step.
2. Meanwhile, sauté sausage over medium heat in a skillet, stirring occasionally and breaking up into crumbles or bite-sized pieces. Cook until firm and thoroughly browned, then set aside.
3. Heat 2 inches of oil in a cast iron skillet to about 320 degrees (F), then fry your potato slices in batches for 4-5 minutes each. To fry properly, begin with a lower heat to cook the potatoes, then turn up the temperature in the last few minutes to make your slices crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. If you’re using frozen fries, skip this step.
4. For frozen waffle fries, cook in oven according to package directions.
5. When fried or warmed, place your waffle fries in small baking dishes. Cover with even layers of mozzarella cheese and sausage and broil in the oven until cheese melts and begins to bubble.
6. Remove fries from oven and sprinkle with tomatoes, lettuce and bacon, then drizzle with ranch dressing and serve.