1 16 oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Patties
1 tbsp. ground black or white pepper
1 medium red or Vidalia (sweet) onion
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (any brand)
4 oz. blue cheese
4 hamburger buns (any brand or variety, including seeded)
Romaine lettuce leaves
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
8 slices cooked bacon (any variety, including peppered, maple or brown sugar) Print
How to make Blue Cheese, Bacon and Balsamic Onion Burgers:
1. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Patties from packaging and place on a plate. Mix together 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Season each sausage patty with the salt and pepper mixture. Set the patties aside and allow them to rest before grilling.
2. While the sausage patties rest, slice the onion into halves. On a wooden or plastic cutting board, place each half cut-side down. Use a very sharp knife to cut about 1/8-inch half-rings of onion. Place all onion half-rings in a small mixing bowl. Toss them with the remaining salt and pepper, as well as balsamic vinegar. Set aside to let the flavors combine.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high temperature. Place all salt and pepper seasoned sausage patties on the grill. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. The sausage patties should be lightly browned but not burnt when finished cooking.
4. Divide the blue cheese into four equal parts. Place it on top of the sausage patties about two minutes before the meat is completely cooked. Cover with grill lid or tented pieces of aluminum foil to melt the blue cheese completely.
5. Remove the cooked patties from the grill when they are fully cooked through and transfer to a plate. Lightly toast hamburger buns on the grill, about 1-2 minutes.
6. Place grilled hamburger buns on four plates and add a sausage patty with blue cheese to each. Top with balsamic onions, lettuce, a tomato slice and 2 bacon pieces. Serve bacon blue cheese sausage burgers immediately.