1 pound Premio Original Pork Sausage
1 package tortilla chips
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 red onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
1 lime, quartered
Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Breakfast Nachos:
Our loaded breakfast nachos recipe is so good, you will want to eat them for more than just the first meal of the day. They combine the fun of eating with your hands with everyone’s favorite morning combo — sausage and eggs. The result is an exciting new twist on two old favorites. You can vary the toppings on this according to your mood. Add some black beans or substitute red peppers for tomatoes. You may want some salsa or guacamole to finish them off, too.
1. Heat a frying pan to medium-high. Spray the pan with olive oil and add the sausage. Cook for several minutes, until the sausage is brown. Drain the extra oil from the pan.
2. Move an oven rack to the second-highest position, and preheat broiler to high.
3. On a rimmed cookie sheet, spread tortilla chips. Distribute sausage and cheese evenly on top. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese gets melty.
4. Prepare eggs to your preference while nachos broil. Poached is an excellent option, but you can also scramble or fry them.
5. Remove nachos from the oven, and arrange the six eggs on top. Sprinkle tomato, onion and cilantro evenly on the nachos. Put one quartered lime in each corner of the sheet and serve.
Serves about 4 to 6.
Find Premio sausage at a store near you to make this delicious recipe.