1 14-oz. Package Premio Hot and Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
4 cups kale, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, thinly diced or shredded
3 oz. blue cheese, crumbled into small bits
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing (any brand, low-fat or full-flavored)
1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce (any brand)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Sausage Pasta Salad:
1. Bring approximately 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add dried or fresh pasta and cook according to directions on the box or bag. Drain pasta in a colander in the sink and transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Store the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for one hour to completely cool the pasta.
2. Remove Premio Hot and Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage from the package. Place links on a regular large dinner plate and put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove the plate from the freezer and pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Place the sausages on the grill and cook until until sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.using a meat thermometer.
5. Remove the sausages from the grill and set aside on a cutting board until cool. Use a knife to cut the links into quarter-inch medallions.
6. Remove chilled pasta from the refrigerator. Add cooked Premio Hot and Spicy Chicken Sausage medallions, lettuce, celery and carrots to the pasta. Stir well to combine.
7. In a small mixing bowl, combine blue cheese, yogurt and blue cheese dressing. Add Buffalo sauce. Stir all ingredients to mix thoroughly.
8. Pour the blue cheese and Buffalo sauce mixture onto the pasta mixture. Toss to coat all of the ingredients evenly. Serve this Buffalo chicken sausage recipe immediately with additional Buffalo sauce for extra flavor, if desired.