1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 Vidalia onion, diced finely
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
2 tbsp. butter
2 cups parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Butternut Squash Risotto:
In the market for an easy-to-make, delicious dinner bursting with full flavor? This simple, savory squash and sausage risotto features all the tempting, tasty flavor you need in one fall-inspired dish.
1. Add chicken stock to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until boiling, then reduce the heat and continue to simmer.
2. In another skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, butternut squash and onion and saute with salt and pepper for about eight to 10 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften. Add in rice and cook for one minute, stirring to combine, then pour in white wine and simmer for two to three minutes or until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Continue to stir.
3. Reduce the stove’s heat to medium, then begin to add in chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and simmering until the rice absorbs each increment and then adding more. Continue until you’ve used all your stock and keep simmering for about 15 minutes.
4. Paying attention to the rice mixture and occasionally stirring while it simmers, add your sausage meat and some olive oil to the empty stock saucepan and saute until thoroughly browned, stirring and breaking into crumbled pieces while it cooks.
5. When the rice has absorbed the liquid, and the sausage is cooked through, gently stir in the meat, rosemary, butter and parmesan until creamy and well-mixed. Serve your sausage and squash risotto with additional parmesan to garnish. Serves four.
Love the way our flavorful Sweet Italian Sausage tastes in your dish?
Try all our Premio sausage varieties when you search for our products in a store near you today.