1 16-ounce package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken sausage
10 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower, riced
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons pepper
1 cup marinara-style pasta sauce (any brand)
2 cups part-skim mozzarella, shredded
1 cup bread crumbs, gluten-free or traditional (any brand)
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated Print
How to make Cauliflower Rice and Balls (Cauliflower Rice Arancini):
1. Remove casings from Premio Sweet Italian Chicken sausage by running a sharp knife along the casing’s length. Place the sausage meat onto a plate and discard the casings.
2. Add olive oil to a skillet. Heat it on a low-medium setting for one minute. Then increase the setting to medium heat, add your sausage and cook for five minutes, continuously breaking the meat into tiny pieces.
3. Add cauliflower rice, salt, pepper and marinara pasta sauce to the browned sausage. Cook for five minutes, constantly stirring. Once ready, the cauliflower should be tender.
4. Remove your skillet from the stove burner and place on an unheated burner or trivet. Stir the mozzarella cheese into the sausage and rice mixture, and cool for five minutes.
5. Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture out of the bowl at a time. Hand-roll the scoops into balls. Set these cauliflower-sausage balls on a waiting platter, and continue until the entire mixture is rolled.
6. Break eggs into a small mixing bowl and whisk for one minute.
7. Pour breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese into a medium-sized mixing bowl; mix well.
8. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with a non-stick cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 425°F.
9. Carefully dip each cauliflower-sausage ball into the beaten egg to cover. Then move the egg-coated ball into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat it completely and place it on your baking sheet. Continue until all cauliflower-rice balls are coated.
10. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Always cook sausage to a minimum of 165°F.
11. Serve and enjoy your golden cauliflower rice arancini while hot.