1 package of your favorite Premio Sausage, cut into 1/2″ pieces
1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined (optional)
1/2 cup olive oil 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
1 red pepper, diced 1 yellow pepper, diced
2 cups white wine
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 bunch fresh basil
1 bunch scallions, chopped green and white portions
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons butter Fresh baguette
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Chef Capon’s Premio Sausage and Clams:
1. Preheat grill with cast iron pot on medium/high heat.
2. Add oil, garlic, and peppers to the pot. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
3. Add sausage and brown.
4. Add clams, white wine, and tomatoes. Cover with aluminum foil to steam clams and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
5. Once clams open add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add juice of lemons, basil, and scallions.
7. Add butter to the cast iron pot.
8. Toast baguette slices on the grill.
9. Serve warm with toasted baguettes.