This Chicken Sausage and Kale Soup recipe makes two to four servings.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Chicken Sausage and Kale Soup:
When you need to warm up after a long day outside, or you want to sit by the fire and relax, there’s nothing better than grabbing a warm, filling bowl of soup. The best part about this soup is that it’s good for you, too. Full of vegetables and made with our delicious chicken sausage, this recipe will help you power through the day.
- Chop up the onion, garlic and carrots. Cut the kale away from the stems.
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break the meat into pieces as you cook. Continue stirring until the meat has browned, about four to six minutes.
- Pour the remaining teaspoon of olive oil into the pot with the sausage and stir in the carrot, onion and kale with a pinch of salt. Continue to cook, occasionally stirring, until all the veggies get soft and the sausage is well-cooked. This step should take about five to seven minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning and garlic to a separate pot and cook them for one minute. Stir in the stock, water and couscous. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat immediately to low. Simmer for seven to nine minutes, until the couscous is al dente.
- Add the couscous to the sausage mixture.
- Add half the parmesan to the soup and wait until it melts, seasoning with salt and pepper. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
Enjoy our tasty Italian Chicken Sausage? Try all of Premio’s delicious sausage varieties. Search for Premio sausage in a store near you.
Recipe inspiration from @hungrywithheather