1 package Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 package spaghetti pasta
1/4 cup torn, fresh basil
1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Classic Spaghetti and Sausage:
1. In a large sauce pan, add olive oil and Premio Sausages. Cook on medium heat until sausages are browned on the outside but not cooked all the way through.
2. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper; saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and liquid, crushing the tomatoes by hand as you add them. Stir in sugar and salt; cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thick.
3. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and add to sauce pan; toss well. Top with fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5