1 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
1/8 cup cooking oil or olive oil
1 box lasagna noodles, no-boil kind
2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 jar meat pasta sauce
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Crockpot Lasagna:
1. Finely dice the onion and sauté with the oil over medium-high heat. Crumble Premio Sausage into pan with onion and cook until it is a golden brown color.
2. Mix 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, 2 cups ricotta cheese and the beaten egg in a bowl.
3. Pour a thin layer of pasta sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Put a layer of noodles; scoop sausage mix over pasta. Cover sausage with cheese mixture. Pour pasta sauce over cheese layer and until repeat process until all sausage and cheese mixtures are depleted.
4. Add about 1 cup of water or beef stock. Cover the lid and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
5. About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on top, and place the ceramic container in a 375 degree (F) oven, until cheese melts and has a golden color. Let cool and serve warm.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6