8 ounces Premio Bratwurst, casings removed
2 tablespoons butter
1 small-medium Vidalia onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces beer, preferably larger
1/4 cup bread and butter pickle juice, divided
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed (white or yellow)
1/2 cup sauerkraut, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Destination Deutschland's Big Bratwurst Dip:
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. Remove Premio Sausage from its casings and cook until fully cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly. Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until garlic is fragrant and onion is translucent. Drain oil from pan and let cool completely.
3. Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sauerkraut, caraway seeds, salt, pepper and Swiss cheese together. Once fully combined, stir in sausage mixture.
4. Pour sausage mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish and bake in preheated oven for 18-25 minutes, until mixture is cooked through and the middle is warm. Serve immediately with bags of Three Bean Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6