1 16-oz. package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, chopped into pieces or sliced into very thin strips
6-7 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (any brand)
4 T balsamic vinegar (any brand)
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
1/2 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black or white pepper
2 large freshly baked French baguettes
3 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded finely
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Double Tomato Bruschetta:
1. Place a nonstick medium-sized skillet or frying pan on your stove. Turn on heat to medium. Preheat your oven broiler on the high setting.
2. Remove Premio Hot Italian Sausage from its packaging. Cut sausage casing. Squeeze meat directly into the skillet or frying pan. Cook Premio Hot Italian Sausage for about six minutes on medium-high heat. Use a spoon or spatula to break apart sausage meat while cooking. Remove skillet or frying pan from heat when sausage meat is lightly brown and shows no pink areas.
3. Mix together plum tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Set ingredients aside to combine flavors for at least 12 minutes.
4. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut baguettes into slices about 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick. Place slices onto the baking sheet.
5. Broil baguette pieces for one minute to create firm crusts. Do not overcook. Remove baguette pieces from the oven.
6. Mix cooked Premio Hot Italian Sausage crumbles with tomato mixture. Divide sausage and tomato mixture by spoonfuls onto the baguette slices.
7. Mix mozzarella and parmesan cheeses in a small bowl. Top each baguette slice with about 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella-parmesan cheese mixture.
8. Place baguette slices back in the oven. Broil for five minutes until cheese melts and bubbles slightly. Remove the baguette slices from the oven, and serve your double tomato bruschetta immediately.