1 package Premio Original Pork Sausage
1/2 cup pizza sauce
8-10 slices of red onion
1/4 cup of shredded Italian cheese
1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Flatbread Pizza with Premio Sausage:
Flatbread recipes with sausage are a crowd-pleaser, and ours will make everyone happy. It takes just a few minutes to pull together. This makes an excellent meal for a busy weeknight when you need something quick that will appeal to everyone in the family.
You can also vary the recipe with different toppings based on your taste. Swap the red onions for another favorite vegetable. Or try a different type of cheese for a new and tasty twist. In fact, you can switch the combinations every time and make this Italian sausage flatbread pizza for lunch or dinner without ever running out of new ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add sausage. Cook until the sausage browns, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Spread the pizza sauce on the flatbread. Sprinkle Italian cheese evenly on top. Arrange red onion slices evenly. Add cooked sausage and distribute across the pizza.
3. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Set the flatbread on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Cheese should be oozing and just beginning to brown.
Serves about 4 to 6.
Looking for Premio sausage in your area so you can make our flatbread pizza recipe? Use our store locator to find the nearest location where Premio is sold.
Recipe inspiration from @littlecitycharm