8 ounces Premio Bratwurst, casings removed
2 tablespoons butter
1 small-medium Vidalia onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces beer, preferably larger
1/4 cup bread and butter pickle juice, divided
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed (white or yellow)
1/2 cup sauerkraut, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Fully-Loaded Brat and Beer Cheese Dip:
1. Over medium heat, in a large skillet, sauté onions in 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt until onions begin to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Turn heat up to medium-high and add 2 tablespoons pickle juice and beer. Keep onions cooking until liquid is reduced to half, about 4 minutes. Season onion mixture to taste with salt and pepper; set aside in a bowl.
2. In same skillet over medium-high heat, brown Premio Sausage, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Once browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes, drain off any excess fat and add to onions.
3. In a large saucepan/pot over medium-low heat, add cheese.; melt. Once melted, add remaining pickle juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; whisk until incorporated.
4. Add sausage and onion mixture, sauerkraut and parsley; stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Keep dip warm and serve with Super Grains Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5