1 package Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
1 package lasagna noodles
1 pint Ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup milk
2 cups half-and-half 1 egg yolk
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grandma's Holiday Lasagna:
1. Saute onion in butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
2. Slowly pour in milk and 1 cup of half-and-half; stir until thick. Mix the rest of the half-and-half with 1 egg yolk; stir into sauce. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
3. In a skillet or pan, brown Premio Sausage with the garlic.
4. In a seperate bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 the Parmesan cheese and the eggs.
5. In a large pot, cook the noodles and drain.
6. Start to layer the lasagna in a 9 x 13 inch pan, beginning with white sauce, then the noodles, ricotta mixture, Premio Sausage and mozzarella. Repeat layers and top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the top layer with paprika.
7. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with homemade pesto and tomato sauce.
SERVES: 6-8SERVES: 6-8