1 14 oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 medium-size zucchini, sliced into medallions
1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
1 green or yellow bell pepper, sliced lengthwise into strips
8 asparagus spears
1/2 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
1 tsp. ground white or black pepper
4 tbsp. olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Barbecue Chicken Sausage and Vegetable in Foil:
1. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage from the package and place the links on a plate. Put the plate in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes, until meat is firm but not frozen.
2. Create foil packs by pulling approximately 12” by 12” square pieces of aluminum foil out of the box. Use two aluminum square pieces for each foil pack to create 4 foil packs total. Place foil packs in a row on one or two baking sheets.
3. Preheat the grill to approximately medium-high heat.
4. Remove the plate of sausage from the freezer. Place chilled links on a cutting board or another cutting surface. Use a sharp knife to cut the links into 1/2-inch medallions. Divide the sausage medallions evenly between the four foil packs. Make sure the medallions are in the center of the foil packs.
5. Pour barbeque sauce into a small bowl. Using a spoon, cover the sausage medallions evenly with sauce.
6. In a small mixing bowl, combine zucchini pieces, onion pieces and bell pepper pieces. Divide them equally between the four foil packs. Arrange the vegetables around the Premio Chicken Sausage.
7. Place two asparagus stalks next to the sausage medallions and vegetables in each foil pack.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the sausage and vegetables.
9. Drizzle 1 tbsp. of olive oil over the ingredients in each foil pack.
10. Fold up sides of foil packs to cover the top of the ingredients, then fold ends of foil packs to seal completely. If foil packs do not seal, add another 12” by 12” piece of foil to the top of the foil pack.
11. Place foil packs on preheated grill rack. Cook the sausage on the grill in foil for 20-22 minutes or until the sausages reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees (F).
12. Allow Premio chicken sausage and veggies on the grill to rest in their foil packets for 5 minutes. Open the BBQ chicken sausage foil packets carefully and serve immediately.