1 16-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1/4 cup plum preserves
1/2 cup soy sauce (regular or reduced sodium)
3 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated finely
3 tbsp. water
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 medium-sized orange bell peppers
2 medium-sized red bell peppers
1 medium-sized eggplant
2 large green zucchini
1 large yellow zucchini squash Print
How to make Grilled Chicken Sausage with Summer Veggies:
1. Blend peach preserves, plum preserves, soy sauce, ginger, water and garlic in a blender or food processor until thoroughly mixed into a paste-like sauce.
2. Cut the orange and red bell peppers in half. Remove and discard or compost the tops, seeds and membranes. Cut the eggplant into long, 1/2-inch slices. Cut the green zucchini and yellow zucchini squash into generously sized square chunks.
3. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
4. Add orange pepper pieces, red pepper pieces, eggplant slices, green zucchini chunks and yellow zucchini squash chunks to a large mixing bowl. Stir in about two-thirds of the peach preserves-based sauce. Coat all the vegetables completely.
5. Put sauce-coated vegetables on well-oiled grill racks. Grill vegetables about nine minutes, turning one time to encourage light charring on both sides. Transfer grilled vegetables to a plate to cool.
6. Remove Premio Sweet Chicken Sausage links from the package. Place links on the grill and cook at low to medium heat for about 18 minutes, turning links to char evenly until the sausages reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees (F). Remove links from the grill and place on a serving platter. Baste links with half of remaining peach preserves-based sauce.
7. Cut the grilled vegetables into smaller chunks and pieces. Place cut-up grilled vegetables into a large mixing bowl and toss with the remaining sauce. Prepare each plate with a whole or half sausage link and vegetables. Serve the grilled sausage recipe with veggies warm with fresh rolls and creamery butter.