2 Premio links
4 Fuji apples (about 1- 1 1/2 lbs. total), cored and peeled
4 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/3 cup roasted pecans, finely chopped
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Sausage-Apple Slaw:
1. Blend all of the ingredients together, except pecans, in a food processor or by hand, until well combined; stir in pecans (yields: 1 cup).
1. Place cabbage in a large mixing bowl and add 1/2 cup dressing; toss to combine well and set aside. Place Premio Sausage onto grill and grill sausages according to package directions. Cut apples into 1/4-inch thick rings.
2. About 6 minutes before sausage is done grilling, place apple rings on grill; cover and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
3. Divide cabbage evenly on each of 8 serving plates. Slice grilled sausage into 1/4-inch thick slices crosswise and divide evenly on top of cabbage on plates. Place grilled apple slices on top and drizzle with remaining dressing (1 tablespoon for each plate).