One package of Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
3 tablespoons flour
1/2-cup of beer
1 cup of half and half
1/2-teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2-teaspoon garlic powder
12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Suggested serving size: Four
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Italian Sausage Drizzled in Beer Cheese:
If you want a hearty appetizer or main course, consider our delicious Italian Sausage Drizzled in Beer Cheese. You can serve it as a main course, accompanied by your favorite vegetable and some rolls. You could also enjoy it as an appetizer, using toast points or tortilla chips to scoop up the delicious sausage and cheese. Either way, our sausage with beer cheese will bring smiles to your guests’ faces.
1. Prepare Italian sausage by removing the casings. Heat in a skillet on medium heat, stirring until there’s no pink left. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan and whisk in flour when the butter has liquified. Continue whisking and stir in beer. Whisk until no more lumps remain.
3. Stir in half and half, whisking until the sauce becomes thick. Add salt, pepper and garlic. Return sausage to skillet to warm briefly.
4. Pour shredded cheddar cheese into beer mixture. Keep stirring until all the cheese has melted.
5. Remove sausage from skillet and pour cheese sauce on top to serve.
You can make so many great recipes, such as our Sausage Drizzled in Beer Cheese, with Premio sausage. Find a store near you that sells Premio products today.
Recipe inspiration from @hooked_on_bbq